KS3 Teacher (Leading a MLD Group)
KS3 MLD Group Teacher Application Pack (Download)
Hours: Full time or Part Time (Flexible working arrangements can be offered to the right candidate)
Start date: Negotiable
Location: Olive AP Academy – Suffolk in Stowmarket
Our ideal candidate for this unique role would be an experienced teacher (of any discipline) who wants to develop their practice and engage KS3 children with moderate learning difficulties (MLD) in more dynamic learning. We are looking for a teacher who can develop and deliver our broad curriculum to small groups of KS3 students.
We are seeking a teacher who is passionate about supporting children and young people who have often found school a challenge. A teacher who:
- demonstrates the highest quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- can evidence their commitment to supporting children with moderate learning difficulties (MLD)
- will inspire our students and share a passion for learning.
- plans and teaches interactive, exciting lessons which will engage our KS3 students – including those facing barriers to learning and those with social emotional, mental and health needs.
- has an up to date knowledge of strategies for supporting students with MLD.
- has a desire to teach in an innovative, creative and exciting way which engages reluctant learners.
- will work closely with your colleagues to produce high quality learning resources and plan expeditionary learning activities
- has experience of working in an inclusive school
- will help us to foster an academy culture of reflection, resilience and ambition.
Please also complete an OA Equalities Monitoring Form (download) and return it with your application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 24th September 2019 (Midday)
Our academies always welcome visits from potential applicants. Come and see our fantastic academy building, facilities and meet our academy community.
Please get in touch with Helen Everard, Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) T: 01449 613 931 if you would like to arrange a visit or need any further information.
You can also download a copy of our Olive Academies brochure.